Date:
Sat, 6 Aug 2005 06:55:56 -0700
I had an experience with line breeding but not in a ferret, it was with
my beagle.  We bought him from a breeder here in Michigan and he proudly
stated that the dogs were line bred.  Silly me, I thought it was a fancy
way of breeding, not inbreeding!  We have had our dog Ranger for almost 7
years, he started having siezures at 3 years old and when we spoke with
our vet about it, he said it was typical in line bred dogs.  He's a
wonderful dog, has some issues, but we wouldn't trade him for the world.

I think that line breeding should be illegal as it is sure to bring about
health issues in any animal.

Lori