From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 14:23:23 EDT
>There is a letter of reference from a vet some where in another state.
>There are good and bad vets everywhere.  Is this a good or a bad vet that
>is giving the recommendation?

Dr. Susan Brown is one of the most respected exotic vets that I know of.  I
heard her name on the bunny list even before I heard her name here; she is
considered to be a world class expert on the care of rabbits.  She's the
vet.  that other vets.  (and owners) take their rabbits to when they can't
determine what is wrong or have trouble finding an effective treatment plan.

Since the time that I first learned of her on the rabbit list, I've learned
that she is a ferret expert as well.  I haven't had the honor of meeting
her, but I have a lot of respect for her and her opinions and
recommendations.

Okay ..  quirks.  My Paddington HATES to be seen eating, and will go out of
his way for me to avoid seeing him eat.  I've had him for about 2 1/2 years,
and just saw him eating from his food bowl (the one in the cage) for the
first time a few weeks ago!  Funny guy.

Scooter likes to bump me with his nose, so that I'll know he is around.
Both he and Paddington LOVE to follow me from room to room at home to be
with me.  When I feel a little "nudge" against my foot or ankle, though, I
always know that it's the Scooter.  In summer, when I'm wearing shorts and
sandals (or no shoes at all), I'll often feel a cold little nose hitting my
skin.  Oh, so cute!

- Ela