From:
Heather Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 16:36:57 PST
>From:    Barbara Wiborg <[log in to unmask]>
>There have been several posts from people who are looking for homes for
>their fuzzies because they aren't allowed to have them where they live.
>Before you move to a new place, be sure to find out if ferrets are allowed
>first.  If you decide to "sneak them in", be prepared to have a responsible
>plan "B", if you get caught.  Finding new homes for your fuzzies is not a
>responsible plan"B".

Okay, I just had to respond to this because this is NOT always the case....

when I moved into my apartment complex I had 5 fuzzies.  I had discussed
them with the manager and was allowed to keep them...

We later got a new manager and she also agreed to let me keep my fuzzies...
then i started to take in more fuzzies...kind of on a etended shelter type
basis for the shelter I was volunteering at.  We took in the fuzzies that
just needed TLC and lots of good food.  We then got ANOTHER new manager and
this one hated ALL animals.  She gave us an eviction notice.....we chose
to move out....there were also other families in the complex with animals,
dogs, cats, ferrets, gerbils.....even snakes.....she made us get rid of
them ALL!!  So I guess the moral is....even if your careful...make sure you
have a plan 'B' just in case you get a manger like we did.....

I personally think we WERE being responsible....and that is why we
moved.....who wants THAT kind of a person for a manager...

Heather Collins