From:
- Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:08:20 EDT
A lot of people have written asking how all the ferrets rescued by Dook
Nook are doing...especially after the shelter then had to take in another
shelters babies as that shelter had to close.

Jackie writes that she is hanging on.  A few of the ferrets have been
adopted.  Most have such bad teeth and gums.  Teeth have been extracted
and more need to be extracted.Meds need to be paid for and given.  Five
of Jackies rescues got major dental work done.  .

Rocky did not make it.  He was the one with the bad disk in his back that
was on high doses of pred and metacam.

Thanks to so many of you and SOS, some of the vet bill has been paid off.
It is always nice to see some pics of the babies.  It really sinks in for
me when I see things with my eyes.

http://thedooknook.homestead.com/index.html

The vet bill is higher than after the first rescue.  So please do not
give up on this shelter or SOS if you have been thinking about tax
deductions or helping ferrets.  Just post mark where you want the
donation sent if you send to SOS for Dook Nook...

Lots of important work is done on the FML.  Sometimes there are
arguments.  Being unable to explain myself well, I actually appreciate
reading of the differences that people have.  I look at how they express
themselves...usually with eloquence.  And often I can see both sides.

It seems we always come back to the needs of the little ones without a
home, and the funny ferret stories, and the education into the health of
our exotic loved one.  Good Stuff.

Hope this briefly answers all the questions on how Dook Nook and all the
rescued ferrets are doing...They are in debt to the vet.  The animals
taken in need more vet work.  There is a shortage of just about
everything.  Jackie is still alive.  But the shelter is struggling to
keep open.