From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:32:02 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Well, I guess as I get closer to my 43rd birthday, I am rebelling.  I
figure if Madonna can do it and look cool, so can I.

So when I spotted a student org table at school that had henna body
painting, I went for it.  Like I said, birthday, or perhaps just being an
old hippie or whatever.  So I decide to go all out and get both hands done.
That is, both of my palms and sets of fingers were painted.

Now the hard part.  To be as dark as possible, it has to stay on for quite
some time.  Hours.  So I get painted, go to the ladies room and dry the
henna under the hand dryers, go back out and have the beautiful young
ladies load up my purse, rings etc so I can leave.  Oh, they also put baby
oil all over the now dry designs.  Fine.

I walk off feeling great.  Walk out to the bus stop for the shuttle to the
parking lot.  Oh yes, my keys, in my purse.  I daintily grab for them in
the suitcase I carry around.  Get on bus, get lots and lots of stares since
I am sitting like Buddha and have funny stuff on my hands.  Get to car,
realize I should I have done this on a car pool day.  Drive home with two
thumbs and two index fingers.  Even harder because steering wheel is now
covered in baby oil.

Make it in door.  Fuzzies ever so glad to see Ma again.  Sit down with
phone perched on one ear, not wanting to hold onto it with henna fingers.
Several fuzzies jump into my lap, and immediately begin trying to decipher
what is on my right hand.

Lots and Lots and Lots of power sniffing. No licking, just sniffing.

Hold hand up in air, elbow resting on chair.  Fuzzies stand upright for
more investigation.  Myrna finishes, decides to clean Ma's eyes.  Glasses
are pushed out of way.  Fat boys decide to check out other hand.

About this time, Miss Maisie decides she needs attention.  Starts pinching
ankles with teeth to get it.  Will not stop.  I have Myrna back on my right
hand, and two fat boys smelling my left hand.  I am sitting with both feet
straight out off of the floor, black ferret hanging off one.  Both arms are
bent with elbows resting on chair, ferrets leaning on tip toes to smell
palms, my head is bent trying to keep the phone on my shoulder and my
glasses are catty wampus from being moved for eye cleaning.

I am going no no no no, MISS MAISIE NO, Myrna don't, Harry no, William get
down, MISS MAISIE NO, please guys, no no, Myrna please my eyes are clean
enough, No I am not a chew toy, William don't lick that, MISS MAISIE WILL
YOU PLEASE STOP BITING ME, no no no....

And I have Catherine on the phone laughing her ass off.

So how was your day?

Mo' Maggie and Her Mob of Henna sniffing Maniacs

visit my webhome at:  http://www.margaretmerchant.com