From:
Megan Dahlem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:29:20 -0800
This is my $.02 on crying fuzzies:

>>Subject: crying baby
>My two month old male ferret is crying all day long.  Like a crow.  I do n't
>know why he so crying.  Is he lonely?  frightened?  [OL]

I've found this to be normal..  I have a 2.5 month old fuzzbutt and she
cries when she first wakes up and when she wants to be let out.  I pick her
up and she continues to make these little "ert ert ert" noises--not dooking,
I've heard her make that sound..  But she sounds like she's crying.  If I
leave her in her cage, the sound gets louder and louder.  And when I walk
over to her cage, she just stops and looks at me.

She's been on solid food for some time now..  I gave her the soft food but
she wouldn't eat it and would go steal stuff from the big kid's cage and eat
that.  As she was teething I started giving her both and finally just
stopped bothering with the soft food.  She's made this noise ever since I
got her and she shouldn't be lonely..  I give her about 3-4 hrs of out time
during the day and for a tiny fuzzy that's just about as much as those
little legs can handle :)

Her cage is right next to the cage that I keep the rest of the kids in so
she can see them, I just don't want her to be a chew toy while I'm gone
during the day..  So I keep them apart :) I handle her a lot, give her some
run time on her own and let my oldest fuzzy out to play with her because she
is so gentle.

So don't worry :) As far as I can tell, Vanilla is just a noisey fuzzbutt.:)

Megan Dahlem
http://weber.u.washington.edu/~mdahlem/fuzzies.htm