From:
FerretMom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 07:52:27 -0700
>with my ferret i had a few years ago (zaidy).  If you have access to
>shreded paper, try putting it in a box (small enough sides so your ferret
>can get in and out of it or put a hole in the lower part of it so they can
>burrow in and out of it) you want it deep enough so that when you put the
>paper in it...

The second bathtub in my house is one of my ferrets favorite play areas.  I
put water down the trap and then closed the drain plug.  On one end, I have
the container with rice (keeps rice from being spread throughout the
house).  The remainder of the tub has shredded paper and a short section
of black tubing.  I have some Easter eggs and wiffle balls in there too.

To allow the ferrets to get in the tub on their own, I have folded a towel
and placed in on the edge.  I then use packing tape under one layer of
towel to secure the towel in place (don't put the tape on the top layer
since the ferret dig their nails into the towel to hoist themself over the
edge).

Once a month, I move the rice bin and put fresh water down the trap.
That's very important!!!  Also, wash the towel as required.  The ferrets
love the area!

    -Carla