Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 21:25:40 +1000
Hey All!

Well all is going well with Jaffa.  It seems I've had alot longer than a
few weeks.  Shes settled in well except that my cats are afraid of her,
including the chasing dogs one.  Shes really gorgeous and I've been
taking photos of her, good is that difficult!  lol.  So once their
developed I'll make a web page or something with them because I have
to show her off.

Ive taken Jaffa for a couple walks after sorta training her onto a leash,
she does everything so easily but not walkies (more like your going the
wrong way, pick up nows)!  She always wants to go the opposite way to
where I do.  But the funny thing is over here barely anybody knows what
she is.  Ive had "Big Dog", "What have you got there?", "Did you find
that?" and from someone holding a dog on a leash that was barking, "Your
not chasing THAT", "Is that a ferret" - from someone who owned one for a
few weeks, not to mention the countless looks of what is that as people
drive by.

Also I thought I would mention about tail poofing, Jaffa does it nearly
all the time when she is out not to mention war dancing - hehe that is so
cute!  She likes to have a bit of a nip also, nothing i can't train her
out of though.

So after she wears herself and curls up on my lap, she lets me cut her
nails - still half awake.  I've heard lots of people say how hard it is
to cut their nails and I was wondering if this works for many people.

Oh, and another I have to mention is the product I'm using to treat Jaffa
*goes and grabs pack* which is called revolution (selamectin) by Pfizer.
Its the puppies and kittens one which is used on up to 2.5 kg body
weight and has been tested safely on pups and kitties at 10 times the
recommended dose.  also waterproof after 2 hours.  On the front of
the box it says, "For the treatment, control and prevention of flea
infestations, control of flea allergy dermatitis, prevention of heartworm
disease and the treatment and control of earmites in puppies and kittens.
For the treatment and control of sarcoptic mange in puppies, and
intestinal hookworms and roundworms in kittens."  It's used once every
month.  and costs AU$50 for 3 months worth.

Well better be off now.

Dooks 'n' Kisses,
Roxi and Jaffa.