From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 13:52:57 EST
Mandy wrote:
>Subject: fleeeeeaas!
>Is there any save way to get rid of them?  without using advantage because
>isnt that expensive?  please respond thanks

Once your house gets infested with fleas, you can spend a small fortune on
shampoo, sprays, toxic bombs and lots more.  Advantage is relatively safe
and when you compare it to all the other stuff you may end up buyng, it is
a LOT cheaper, safer, and MUCH more effective.  Just my 2 cents after years
of battling fleas (with cats, dogs, ferrets) before I discovered Adantage.
I only put it on my dog and the problem is solved.  Last year I didn't see
ANY fleas (knock on wood).

Scott wrote:
>It is not enough to say that P&G or any other company engages in animal
>testing - especially when that company has a division making pet products.
>It would be irresponsible to market a product designed for an animal
>companion without first making sure it was safe for that creature.

Please don't take someone else's word for it; why not ask P&G themselves.
It is my understanding that they have been testing household products on
animals for quite a while; they only bought Iams very recently so the
testing is unrelated to pet food.

This is a really old issue; I don't think you will have any trouble finding
info on it with some research.  This is also unrelated to PETA or any other
group.  With all due respect, there are lots of us out here who don't need
to be told by an organization what to think, yes?

Ronnie