Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 00:47:19 -0700
Thank you, Renee, for your post about organ donating!  I'm a HUGE,
passionate supporter of organ, tissue, and skeletal donating because I
have personally seen countless lives saved as a result when I worked in
law enforcement witnessing trauma as well as amazing acts of life-saving
heroism almost on a daily basis.  Giving a part of oneself, literally,
so that another human being can have life is, in my opinion, one of the
most selfless, sacrificial acts of human kindness I can think of.

I have never EVER thought twice about being an organ donor, both while I
am still alive and after my body ceases to function, and I have a very
difficult time understanding the reason(s) why anyone would choose NOT
to allow any of their "useable" organs to be donated or given to someone
in need after they pass away.  In fact, there are several members of my
family who refuse to allow any part of themselves to be removed after
they die and are adamant about being preserved and remembered in death
just as they were in life... (WHAT - as selfish, thoughtless, and vain?
What a legacy to leave behind!  That's how I would remember someone with
that kind of attitude!) Honestly, why would a person CARE what they
looked like once they are dead and buried 6 ft. under ?????  Who's
looking at ya' - the bugs and moles ???

And although some of you may cringe and disagree on this point (and
that's OK), I have also decided to donate my furkids' remains after they
have passed to the Bridge, if any part of them could be used to help
further advance the future care of ferrets in the veterinary medicine
field.  Just like me when I pass on, my furkids' spirit will be long gone
from their physical body anyway and already in a much better place by
then so certainly only positive things could come from donating organs,
tissue, and skeletal remains.

PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE consider organ donating for you and your animal
companions and make sure you specify your requests clearly in a LIVING
WILL NOW, so there is no question about your desires later on!

And THANK YOU TOO, RENEE, for the Readers Digest "To Remember Me" post
as well - EXCELLENT things to ponder!  And Roary, I'm sure you have some
thoughts on this subject that I'd love to hear ;-P

Jennifer and the fabulous furkids  :-)