From:
Jeb Weisman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1993 20:55:49 -0500
Nancy,

I'm a little concerned about your comment about Ferretone.  I say this
only because since Roger's claims about specifically advising against the
use of any product lacking L-taurine  some time back (and since our
furries happen to prefer 8-in1's ferret food) I've been working with the
research staff at 8-in-1 to determine what appropriate L-taurine levels
may be.  They in turn have been using research from Cornell's vet school
and their research libraries.  As such, I feel I have an ear, and perhaps
a responsive one.

In any case, if you can provide me with documentation (e-mail is fine) I'd
be quite pleased to confront them with this.

On another nore, 8-in-1 has increased the fat content in their food, but
to my knowledge haven't released it.  It seems there is only one packaging
currently available that will balance shelf-life and non-degradeability in
packaging material and they are heavily back-ordered.

-Jeb (in no way affiliated with 8-in-1 or any other pet food producer)