Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 15:33:32 -0500
Hi, everyone!

I posted for the first time a couple of days ago, but since apparently it's
not going to be a one-time thing (after all, who can resist talking about
fuzzies?!  ;) ), I guess I may as well introduce myself.  My name is Becky,
and my husband Dean and I own a dog and two cats, as well as being owned by
four fuzzies: Cinnamon (2.5 year old female Chocolate Sable), Coke (?  year
old male sable), Pixie (1 year old female sable with white knee patches and
"pixie dust" on her face, stomach and back legs), and Chitterbox (15 week
old "Monster" male silver mitt).

First, a couple of responses:

To Juliana Quadrozzi:
You wrote yesterday about a disabled ferret that you were looking for a
"wheelchair" for.  Well, I don't have any info on that, but there is an
article in Modern Ferret magazine (Issue #18) that you may want to look
at about physical therapy for ferrets.  The articleis written by Margaret
Merchant, and gives some exercises that helped her ferret, Nicky, who had
been born with a malformed spine, and was unable to use his hind legs.
Good luck with your special baby!!

To E.M. Ennis:
I have also noticed some similar behaviour patterns.  All three of our
sables have been fairly quiet, but our new silver-mitt baby, Chitterbox, is
quite a crybaby.  He whines if he's sleeping and you pick him up (I think
he's just lazy and didn't want to shift positions, because he never
actually wakes up), and he has an annoying habit of talking to his food.
He sits there in front of his food and just chatters away like he's having
a deep conversation with it.  Our chocolate sable, Cinnamon, on the other
hand, is very quiet, even when she's beating up the boys.  She's the
smallest, but she is *definitely* the queen, and you'd better never forget
it, or you're likely to get dragged under the bed with the socks.  ;)

On another note: I've never seen it mentioned, so I don't know if it's just
obvious or not, but I have discovered a *wonderful* toy.  I found it at a
drugstore one day, and it cost less than a dollar.  All four of our ferrets
just love it, and because it's hard plastic, I've never had to worry about
one of them chewing it.  And the toy is..... A SLINKY!!!!  They love to
attack it, drag it, and tunnel through it (well, except Coke, who right now
is just too fat!)

And now, a question:
I know ferrets (and other animals for that matter) shouldn't have
chocolate, but does anyone know if carob is safe?  Our fuzzies love the
smell of chocolate on your breath, so I can't imagine how they'd react to
carob-covered raisins!!

Blessings too all the ferrets and the people they own, and special wishes
and dooks to all the sick fuzzies, and the people whose babies are waiting
for them at the Bridge.

Becky (the evil hooman who steals the socks, shoes, pants, keys, wallets...)
Cinnamon (I'm small, but just look at my luxuriously soft coat)
Coke (I know I can fit through the tunnel if I just try a little harder...
      it worked a month ago!)
Pixie (Look at my pixie dust--of *course* I can fly from the bed to the
       dresser...*oof!*)
Chitterbox (I'm bigger than the girls, why do they still beat me up?)