From:
Especially Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 10:32:17 -0700
I guess some people don't think right when they are grieving and this
story lends some credibility to that statement.  This morning, I was
awoken to the phone ringing and a crying women's voice bluntly asks me,
"How much are Your ferrets?" She sounded young so I asked her age to see
if she would qualify for our schools program where kids write a one page
essay on what they know about ferrets and we reduce our adoption fee to
$50.  She didn't qualify.  She then started to explain how she just found
her ferret drowned in the dishwasher.  I too was hurt at the news of such
a horrible death for the ferrets.  I tried consoling her a bit and in our
conversation, she informed me her husband had already thrown the body in
the trash.  At that point, I informed her that she would not be able to
get one our ferrets for desecrating the ferrets body and what they had
done was the same as taking a family member who had died and just thrown
them in the trash.  I know some guys who have in the name of research have
desecrated a ferrets body after death and I can deal with that ok, but
throwing your fuzzkid in with the garbage and especially at this time of
year,..... it just broke my heart.  This person will never see one of my
ferrets and I worry that somewhere else will give them another one.

On a lighter note, anyone wanting some of the free Mazuri food that I have
can contact UPS at 1-800-742-5877 and give them the dimensions 16x16x11
and my zip 80011 and your zip and the cartons weigh 36-40# and they will
tell you how much it is to ship to you.  You must make the arrangements
for a pickup at my address Especially Ferrets Inc., 718 Uvalda St.,
Aurora, Co. 80011, prepay it and call me at 303-343-6460 to give me your
address so I can write on the boxes.  I will send as much as you want as
long as it lasts.

Hugs to all and a special thanks to all the secret Santas out there who
have sent gifts to our shelter kids.

Ferretguy