From:
"Tara C. Radford" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 21:39:41 -0800
Today the ferret community experienced an emergency with one of our own.
Dorcas Freidel (Pet) headed in her car packed to the brim,to AZ to meet
Joanne Ruffner,then transport a Shelter ferret to Utah where they are
relocating,to their forever locations.

Her car lost gears suddenly,one by one.She was left stranded.200 miles
from the nearest auto shop and inhabited town she was told,by the only
person who barely spoke English.  She was carrying 11 animals.4 ferrets,4
cats (one car sick) a chin,snapping turtle and a Cockateal.

There was just SO much LOVE shown today during Pets Emergency.I went to
Pooflingers with this first,they have many from Texas,who i had hoped
could go rescue her,unlike CMF who only has a couple.It too,is also a
very loving place that bands together quickly.Di Sauter kept both Groups
posted as i made calls.mails & Internet searches.;)Thank you,BabEE:) I
personally and on behalf of Pet want to Thank you all,from the bottom of
our Hearts.Pet and i just spoke again.From the beginning i think there
were 23 calls made.She finally broke down, to the tow truck driver,
telling him how altho she had never met any of us how she had calls of
Love and support,even from Europe (Norma;) while she shivered in the
darkness with no idea how to do anything.Totally at everyones mercy and
MERCY! it proved to be;)))

You are Miracles,each one of you who helped either with money or with
pep/love talks;)You ARE the epitome of what these Group stands for!  Real
ferret people are remarkable.

I made the decision to give Pet the $385.00 in our CMF emergency Medical
fund,to go towards her car repair...if any of you object,i'm sorry....
someone made me President,lol

She was on a road trip and transport to take one of Joannes ferrets to
Utah,the reason she traveled that scarey route with renegade illegal
aliens crossing the borders there,freely and her sitting there in her
car,unable to move with 11 animals and all her earthly goods...
venerable... scared.

Between lovely Jan who paid for Pets room tonight and wonderful Joanne
Ruffner who gave of her bank card (we need to fill that back up,btw)for
car repairs plus members of both groups who jumped right on this.... it
showed me just how serious you are about one of our own.It showed Pet,who
had never felt "the Love" in her life,what it felt like.Took 50 years but
she found it and you provided it;) What an experience!!  This is what
"FAMILY" should be...what alot of us lacked growing up & still thought we
lacked until today.Not here...this was Unity.I am so VERY VERY PROUD to
be a member of this.No words can explain how i feel and i KNOW Pet feels
the same way..there were a few times today,it was so scarey,i was without
answers...(and most of you know how i hate that,lol)

If EVER i have meant this (and i do;) GOD BLESS.....each & every one of
you,the GREAT members of ClubMedFerrets and Pooflingers

All my Love,Thanks and Admiration,
Tara

ps..if any of you would like to help us fill Joannes Visa back up
again,and help a VERY Thankful Dorcas on her adventure,as it certainly
turned into one..please mail me,her pay pal address escapes me..

xoxo
Kimmay,please crosspost this??

Join our Ferret Group!! Club Med Ferrets
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clubmedferrets
NEW! Go shopping with CMF, proceeds go to Shelters!
http://www.geocities.com/clubmedferrets