From:
Dee gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2007 09:13:29 -0800
It's been a bit over 3 months since the DMK kids have been here. They
were moved downstairs with the general population; and I'm happy to say
they finally all have names. I tried to name them after towns in Ohio.
They have just absolutely bloomed, they're beautiful.

May I introduce .....

Dayton & Drexel: 2 champagne hobs with beautiful dispositions. They had
scrubby coats when they came but have fluffled right out for winter.

Xenia & Pandora: Xenia loves being in a snuggle sack. You can always
find her in one with her little head peeking out. When playtime is
over, Pandora makes it a real hunt for us. We usually have to pull
cages out because she likes to hide behind the cages.

Mason & Peebles: Mason use to give me a wary look and then bolt as soon
I opened the door to his cage. He has settled down considerably and has
become a cuddler and kisser. He leads, Peebles follows.

Snickers, Hamilton, Mocha: Mocha is our Escape Artist. She has managed
to go thru the bars of a Midwest Cage and a playpen. I learned that my
garage is ferret-proofed because it was quite common to go out there
and find her wandering around although she would always come to me. She
had to be moved to a separate cage with smaller openings .... AND she
managed to push the doors open so now the doors have clips. She still
comes out to play with her brothers. Snickers & Hamilton had to be
separated because they were getting too "feisty" with one another.
So now all 3 are separated but get to play together.

Amelia & Aurora: 2 little golden girls. I wouldn't be surprised if they
are sisters to Mason & Peebles. Beautiful.

Toby, DQ & Cassie: These 3 are my "cow kids" because they have spots &
remind me of little cows. Toby and Cassie are adorable. DQ I have
decided to keep & he is my little rogue. Toby has actually visited an
elementary school and went to a Pet Expo this weekend ..... no nipping,
no poofing ... he behaved beautifully. Cassie is a doll, very sweet.
DQ had issues. I would pick him up & he'd more than squirm, he had the
Exorcist thing going on. I had to scruff him & show him who the Alpha
ferret is a few times. He's still a little bit squirrely at times but
he's 95% better than he was. He lets me cuddle him & he gives kisses
 ....... sometimes.

Lady Galadriel could be a sister to Amelia & Aurora but they did not
accept her when I tried to put them together. We call her our “Velcro
Ferret' because she clings for dear life. She is such a lover. She
likes to burrow in my hair and sometimes down the back of my shirt.

Misty is mom to Snickers, Hamilton & Mocha. We split her out from them
shortly after they arrived. She's tense .... she shakes when you talk
to her, she shakes when you hold her. She's been the most difficult
ferret out of the bunch behaviorally.

The recent backlash on the FML have been very disturbing and very
unfortunate, and I agree with the comments made by Tressie Dutchyn
today. On a personal note, I'm am disappointed I have not been able to
receive any financial assistance for neuters/spays despite requests.

Thank you to those of you who sent Thanksgiving greetings to me ....
and extra goodies were yum-o (yes, I watch Rachel Ray). I've had an
extremely busy year and the greetings were very heartwarming. Thank
you.

Take care, people.
Give your fuzzies an extra hug, kiss & snuggle from me.
Have a safe and happy holiday season.

Dee
West Michigan Ferret Connection
www.westmichiganferretconnection.com