From:
"Downey, Susan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 14:23:19 -0600
Hey again,

Last night we had a bit of a scare with my boy Hugo.  For some reason the
spiders in our house have been really bad.  They are big and ugly.  There
was one on the floor of the ferret room so I called my husband in to take
care of the problem.  Well he whacked it, and whacked it good.  As we were
preparing to clean up the carnage Hugo came along and ate it.  YUCK.  but
whatever, it can't be to bad for him.  It turns out I was wrong, whether
the spider was not dead and bit him in his mouth or further along or the
guts of the spider were poisonous I just don't know.  Less than 5 minutes
from Hugo eating the spider he starts heaving.  Up comes the spider and
white foam.  He is obviously very uncomfortable, running around trying to
hide.  He goes into a clear tube and is still heaving and up comes more
white foam.  I got him out of the tube so I could get to him easily.  From
there he bolts into the black PVC tubing.  I can still hear him heaving and
running back and forth.  I was getting scared now.  It took a while to get
him out of the tubes and into a room where he could not hide from me.  I
tried to look into his mouth and did not see anything turning red or
swelling.  So I put him down and he kept heaving.  One last time a bunch of
white foam, from there on he was fine.  A lot of rubbing his chin on the
floor but no more heaves or throwing up.  This whole scene took 15 - 20
min.  I have no idea what kind of spider it was, but we do have a fair
number of them.  That is not a good thing.  Scary, but he is his ferret
self again.

Sukie's Meeteetse pointed out :
>WHY FERRETS ARE BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE is: "We can kiss you and sneeze at
>the same time without even slowing down!"

Oh boy how true, I am starting to think that Taos (The anti -ferret) is
allergic to my kisses.  I will pick her up to kiss and love her and return
I get ferret boogers, lots of them.  She sneezes every time I kiss her.

Well that is it for now
Sue and her frenzy of 5

Izzy - Mom Make Taos stop biting me
Hugo - I don't think I like Spider bon-bons any more
Elbert - Being bald is not so bad with this summer heat
Sammie - It's only fun to jump on you calf when you are wearing shorts
Taos - What is time-out and why am I the only one to get it. a-choo!