From:
JudithMoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 06:50:18 -0700
At Moonsong Ferrets, we are not actively working as a shelter.  We are
available to either take in or find someone who can take in any ferrets
which are brought to our attention as needing help.  The reason we do not
actively seek out ferrets in need is because as a breeder we are well aware
of those other shelter/breeders who breed stock off the streets.  So we
chose to instead maintain a careful stance as willing to help, but not
advertising to get ferrets.  Also as a breeder, every time a ferret is
brought in we have a disease or parasite problem possible.  Even with all
the precautions, changing clothes, bathing, shampooing your hair, cleaning
shoes, my vet., says this only reduces and does not eliminate the
possibility of contamination of my breeding stock by outside ferrets.  We
have a great financial investment as well as a lot of love invested in our
ferrets, so we remain very cautious rescuers.  We will, of course, always
take in our own babies if they ever need to come back home.  Moonsong
Exotics bred to be the perfect companion.