From:
Melissa Lough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:13:44 -0400
>Missy,
>
>I don't know what part of WV you are in.  that being said, I'm in
>Morgantown and see Dr. Casuccio at the Animal Medical Center (we take
>our 3 cats and both ferrets there).  He performed adrenal surgery on our
>little girl last November, as well as removing some mast cell tumors
>from her and her brother.

I am originally from Clarksburg, but now live in Parkersburg.  I took
Scooter to that clinic about his hips, but he was on vacation and I
saw some woman; who discussed on the phone with Dr. Casuccio about what
to do.  He wanted to do surgery on him (of which he had never done on
a ferret only a couple of cats and dogs) that would take 6 weeks to
heal and no guarantee he could walk very well, I opted not to have the
surgery ........I don't think he was too happy with that decision.  Also
they supposedly did blood work on him and charged for putting him under
for this procedure which cost an additional 100+ dollars.  The strange
thing about this is the vet I spoke with didn't mention the blood work
until I asked and my Scooter was not shaved anywhere........indication
of blood work not being done.  I had also asked for them to give him his
distemper shot...of which they did not.  The FIRST option they gave me
about his hip problem was euthanasia even though he was not in pain.....
everyone knows their ferrets.  I was having a problem with one of my
other ferrets losing weight and a vet from Clarksburg called Dr.Casuccio
for advise and a couple of things he said just didn't seem right......
1. That ferrets do not get to be 3lbs.
2. When I asked to have an ADV test done on him; Dr.Casuccio said he
   couldn't have it..........he would be much worse off than he was.

Sorry but I was not impressed.  I guess that's why we are all intitled to
our own opions; otherwise life would be pretty dull if we all felt and
thought the same about everything.  I do thank you for the information
though.

Missy