From:
"Thomas H. White" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 1995 11:38:54 -0400
Hello.  I'm the owner of three ferrets I got from the Mohawk Valley Humane
Society, Albany, NY three years ago.  I got 1 one week and the other 2 the
next week. (What a deal, $30 for the first and another $30 for the other
two). Their names are gretchen, lef, and I named the last brunhilda.
Recently, gretchen, the smallest of my ferrets, has lost most of the hair
around the base of her tail.  I mean all, not just most, leaving a
definitive bald spot. While the FAQ says abnormal hair loss may be the
result of an adrenal disorder, it also speaks about regular hair loss in
this area.  How do I tell if this is just normal hair loss?

thanks.

tom