From:
Celtic Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:16:47 -0500
>From:    Kim Overholt <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Modifying a Midwest Cage
>
>The cage, however, has a base with a deep channel that has become a
>catchall for food and litter.  It's difficult to vacuum that out not to
>mention wasteful of the dry food that Kenya insists on digging out....

One option is to use linoleum.  It will work just fine.  The cage is too
heavy for the ferrets to move easily.

Another option is to make a new base.  Cut a piece of wood for the base
and use floor molding to create the outer rim for the cage.

We usually just take the cage off its base and use a shop vac to
clean it.

Since you have a digging ferret use a crock loc bowl of some kind.  Fill
the bowl half way and put it up higher so the ferret is less tempted to
dig in the food bowl.

KG