From:
tim fowler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 18:57:31 -0000
I seem to have, yet again, stirred up the hornets nest that is ferret
owning America.  My comments about 'powder puff pets' were not meant as a
put down, just a classification of owner types.  I had an e-mail from a
strapping marine type who told me a few things i cannot repeat here, which
i thought totaly unnecessary.  Anyway, if i seem a bit brash, it is just my
'British' {key stuck on last time, thats all} sarcasm not translating over
the pond too well.  [Do you have sarcasm over there yet?]  I do not think
any less of non working ferret owners, it just took me a bit more time to
get used to them than i first anticipated.

Lastly, as you may well know, my beloved England is currently suffering
from Foot and mouth.  How much coverage is it getting with you, will it
affect your choice of holiday[UK or not] and do you fear it over there as
we do over here.

I hope this post will be accepted as it is meant, and i look forward to
talking ferrets with those of you who want to talk ferrets.