From:
"Bill Gruber, FML moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 1995 00:16:48 EDT
OK, I surrender.  I don't really understand what all the fuss is about, but
some folks seem quite upset about the current ECE thread.  There are clearly
some people with political agendas posting, but for the most part I thought
the posts were informative and I don't understand why people are being so
defensive.  But, then again, I'm not involved with the politics.

I have had people from all sides write to me to complain that I'm clearly
favoring the other sides, and I've had people write to me with supportive
notes, so I really don't think I'm being biased here.  But, since many
people seem to be upset regardless, effective immediately, I'm not posting
anything related to the ECE/shelter topic.  If you send things, I'll save
them and perhaps put out one special issue with all the arguments together,
but at least for a while, I won't clutter the daily FML with them.  And
while I'm at it, I'm also withholding posts debating the BFF issues.

Hmm... imagine how long this issue would have been otherwise...

Thanks for your understanding.  Bill