From:
Lady Felix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 23:07:58 PDT
Last time I wrote I said on how my ferret had to stay in his cage all the
time and was seeming really sad.  Well we were staying in a really small
trailer and i couldnt let him out because my step mother is very afraid of
him.  Since then we have traveled back to New Mexico to our other house
were he has his own room.  Well there for a few days he was doing really
great, then things went bad.  My boyfriend was staying the weekend with us
and we arent allowed to keep the door closed when he is in my room so we
had to put Furlow in his cage so he wouldnt get out.  Well a while ago my
dad cut a door in the top of Furlow's cage so that I could get a littler
box in and out of the cage.  We just had it closed with wire.  Well with
moving the cage all the time back in forth between states the wire wouldnt
hold the opening closed and Furlow learned how easy it was to climb out.
Every since then i havent been able to keep him in his cage.  To cut the
story short I will just say what happened.  We werent watching Furlow when
we were in my room one night and he got out and got into my step moms room.
It scared the hell out of her and she started screaming.  Well things just
got worse and some really big fights broke out the next day between us so
I am staying over at my sisters house now.  They like Furlow but they dont
want him running around there house if he will go to the bathroom on the
carpet.  But as long as I watch him and get him to his litter box he can
run around.  Watching him is a very big chore though because this house
isnt bery ferret proof (not that there is such thing) and it was some
really big dogs that would just love to play with furlow if he got into the
other room.  Whenever I let him out he is being really friskie and rude
lately.  He runs all over really fast and he wont play with me.  When I try
to keep him out from going somewhere he shouldnt he gets really mad and
keeps trying harder and harder.  He was getting really calm when we were in
Arizona and he stayed in his cage alot.  He is having to stay in his cage
alot now( and I fixed his cage with LOTS of string and wire so he cant get
out anymore)but I am trying to take him out and play with him alot more
then I could before.  He wont play though and if you try he starts biting.
WHen I first got him he would bite really bad but he stopped and now he is
starting again.  Could anyone give me advice as to why he is being so mean
and acting so mad towards me.  I think it might be that for a few days he
didnt have to stay in his cage and then all of a sudden he has to again.
Is changing his enviroment too much bad for him?  he already broke his 2nd
water bottle and he seems to think that he will be able to chew his way out
of the cage.  I am afraid he is going to hurt his teeth trying.  DOes
anyone know what would make his attitude change so fast?  He was being so
loving ad sweet and calm a few days ago...

I would like to thank everbody who gave me advice the last time I posted!  I
got a lot of information and it was very useful.  I wanted to write you all
back and thank you, but I got really busy with the Foourth of July and my
birthday on the 5th of July and with coming back down to New Mexico.  So
please except my thanks and appreciation for here.  As for the people who
were writing me about trying to get my step mother to like Furlow, I dont
think there is a chance of that anymore.  Trying to get myself to get along
with her will be a big enough chore.  I thank everyone for there time and
thoughts!  I also apologize for all the mistakes I have made in
here(spelling, capitalization, everything)

                             Jennifer