From:
Kimberly Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 09:59:21 -0400
Rob, I know the frustration your feeling with Mindy's *loss of potty
training memory* I went through the same thing with Elliott !~!  I purchased
Elliott first and for two weeks he was the only fuzzie, not counting my
hubby :) He used the *box* like an old pro at about 8 weeks of age, THEN two
weeks later along came little six week old Elise, Who thought the *box* a
MUCH better bed and or sandbox in which to dig :( Elliott thought this was
cool and also started to use the *box* for other means.  ANYWAY...  at first
I had to put Elise into *solitary confinement* A kitty carrier, until
Elliott would use the box for a day, then put Elise back into the condo and
she'd do fine.  THEN Elliott started miss-behaving and Elise would be a
*potty angel* SOOO Elliott would be the one to go into *Solitary* until
Elise had used the *Box* Then of course anytime I cleaned out the entire box
it was starting ALL OVER, usually with Eliott being the bad boy :( After
about a month of this (maybe more:) I am now proud to say...  They are BOTH
using the box faithfully :) :) :) AND I can even change the ENTIRE litter
without a fuss :) NOW if I could just get them to do the same while OUT of
the condo...small steps, hopefully we'll get the hang of that SOMEDAY :)
Also I have two books on Ferrets purchased at a local Pet Store...the first
*FERRETS By Dr.  Wendy Winsted* a good book with some helpful information in
it, but pretty outdated and *A Practical Guide To Ferret Care By Deborah
Jeans* A much newer book also filled with a lot of helpful information :) I
perfer the newer book myself :) I hope this helps some...  Good Luck and
hang in their...  Kimberly, Elliott & Elise P.S.  the first book was around
$10.00 & the second around $25.00 I believe.