From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:29:21 -0400
From JoGayle Howard:
"So glad to hear from you and that you're interested in doing names
again. we really need some funds for transporting the kits this year
for preconditioning. So this will help. Lawrence sexed them as 2 males
and 1 female. It was great that Thalia and the male Schlemazel bred
because they were 1 yr old and inexperienced since it was their first
breeding season.

We had the best season EVER! 47 born/46 survived. We really worried
about the hot weather but as you see with Thalia -they have been great
moms and staying in the nest box despite the heat."

Now that we know the babies' sexes, it's time to start raising money
to name them. I thought since Thalia is the Greek muse of comedy, that
naming the kits after comedians might be fun! One possibility: Groucho,
Harpo and Chica!

For the next couple of weeks please submit your suggestions for names,
then we can all vote on our choice by donations to the Smithsonian.

Last year we raised $385 to name Cyan's 6 kits and the year before, we
collected $1,000 to name Georgia's kit Peanut. I hope we can help out
again this year.

If you haven't checked them out for a while, see how big they've grown!
They're getting bowls of mush now, too!
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/NorthAmerica/default.cfm?cam=BFF

Linda