From:
R&KWagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:38:51 -0500
These are the posts that I truly hate as they are felt so deep and I
can barely read them but it is with a heavy heart that I let you all
know that Lil' One passed early this morning (Thursday, Sept 16th)
in her sleep. She was quite the fighter as she had insulinoma that
has been treated for well over a year and a few months and after the
procedure for lymphoma that came back negative but lead to us almost
losing her and she impressed and surprised many with her progress of
recovery, although very slow and was still ongoing, but also developed
adrenal and was not a candidate for surgery, especially after the poor
recovery from the procedure, so started the Lupron injections which she
showed improvement from the first and third injection. She had a couple
rough nights/days lately with serious bursts of "squawking" that
reached to your spine but no real issue to find externally that may
have been the cause and didn't show any discomfort when we held and
loved on her so figure it might have been internal somehow. Skampers,
her sister, is doing okay as she has been experiencing some separation
from Lil' One since the procedure but had recently started sleeping
near her more so we will be paying even more attention to her so she
doesn't get down as we had a ferret in the past do this. It saddens me
deeply to know I will no longer ruffle her lion-like mane she developed
again on her head after the injection or hold her small frame close in
a snuggle as she was a smaller female but to know she is no longer
suffering and running, dooking and having a grand ferret time with all
her other fuzzy friends that have gone ahead makes me smile. Lil' One
is greatly missed already and will always be close at heart!

Take care all and be sure to give your fuzzy an extra ruffle and
snuggle each day.

Kim, Reg and Skampers