From:
Todd Cromwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 21:23:32 -0700
Some of you may be wondering: how do I get my bouncy little companion
to play Fetch?  Well, if your fuzzy loves to hide stuff, you may have
a chance.

If Dors encounters one of her stuffed animals while wandering around
the house, she moves it immediately to her treasure trove, which
is Where Her Animals Ought To Be.  If I throw one of her animals while
she's watching, she runs after it, picks it up, and carries it back to
its proper place.

So, I just sit on the floor between her treasure trove and where I'm
throwing her animals, and when she tries to bounce past me with animal
in mouth, I grab her, recover the stuffed animal, and throw it again.
She runs to get it, then tries to sneak it past me to get it back to
her trove, I grab her, and so on.  I can usually throw one animal and
have her essentially fetch about 5 times before she gives up and takes
the animal to an alternate treasure trove.  Usually, I let her get it
past me and store it in her trove on the 4th or 5th fetch, and then
start over with a different animal, which she tries to get past me,
finally succeeding, and so on.  Some of these animals are as big as
her (or even bigger), so she has to hold her head high to carry them.

Finally, after the game, and being the meanie I am, I disperse all of
her animals to remote parts of the house, and within a few hours or a
day she finds them all and brings them back to her trove.  What fun.

Todd Cromwell
Dors (Hunter of Small Plastic Bottles) and Seldon (El Cazador de Suen~o)