From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 14:56:40 -0400
Okay, you know how viruses and worms take chunks of peoples' emails and
then fake in addressses or even create cobbled addresses from portions of
other addresses?  Well, I have had two weird ones in the last two days.
The first said that it was form me and to me and my type of maching isn't
Windows so it doesn't even get that virsu/worm.

The second may be of more interest.  I won;'t say whose or for what,
but I just got a copy of a pasdt due bill that an FML has stored in a
computer coupled with faked addresses.  I don't have that person's addy
but recognize the name.  I guess that yet one more reason to check for
viruses and worms a LOT, run firewalls, and kepp your machine clean is
to prevent spreading aorund mails that you might find embarrassing if
they got out.

[Moderator's note: I think Sukie is trying to say an FML subscriber was
infected by a computer virus and as a result some personal info about the
FMLer was sent out by the virus.  Again, note it is impossible for the
FML itself to transmit a virus, but FML subscribers may be infected via
other means, of course.  BIG]