From:
Diane Sachs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 02:14:03 -0400
There is a message on there about a young girl who had a 10 week old
ferret, decided she didn't want it any more because it bit and smelled
(gee, I wonder why?) so she deliberately let it starve to death.  The
person who posted the message would have taken the ferret if she had
known about this while it was happening, but found out about it from a
third party when it was already too late.  What can be done about this
sort of thing?  This really sickens me, I mean where were the parents
when all this happened?  Shouldn't they be responsible?  And what the
heck is happening to our society, where people want instant gratification
for everything and whatever isn't convenient suddenly becomes disposable,
including living things.  And, people wonder why I prefer animals to humans
(true animal lovers are an exception, of course).