From:
Kristine Mallas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 22:58:59 -0700
Hello everyone,

I am not a new subscriber to FML, but I have not posted anything yet.  I
have been receiving for a year now and reading everyone's stories.  I must
say that I've leaned a lot.  My boyfriend and myself have six fuzzies.
They always stay together since they've grown used to each other's company.
Their names (in order) are Bofa, Nikita, Morty, Meko, Crash, and Snook.
Bofa is the oldest and the original, a little over two years old.  Snook
is the youngest (and fattest) and was a present to me this Christmas,
being just a few weeks old.

This story is about Snook and I feel the need to post it since it was one
of the most frightening events throughout my ferret ownership.  Snook is
the most adventurous, being the youngest.  He loves being outside, and even
though the ferrets are allowed to roam the bedroom freely, he constantly
waits at the door so as not to miss a chance at escape.  There is an air
conditioner in this room, so we duck taped all sides to make sure no one
could dig their way out.  It has been this way for about a month now, and
none of the fuzzies ever paid much attention to it.  However, today, snook
managed to dig through the tape and jumped from the thrid floor window
down to the second floor porch roof.  My boyfriend went into the room and
noticed Meko staring up at the small opening in the window, so of course
we started counting ferrets.  Snook, we thought, was much too big to fit
through such a small opening, but I took a good look out the window, and
there he was, running back and forth in the rain gutter.  He looked to be
unh armed, as amazed as I was, and walking fine.  In fact, he seemed to be
enjoying himself.  I was terrified he'd try to jump since he kept running
back and fourth peering down, like he does when he wants to jump off a
bed or couch.  The neighbors on the second floor were not home, so going
throught their window was not an option.  I was considering calling the
fire department even.  Fortunately, as my boyfriend found a latter next
door, I remembered the fire escape latter in the closet.  Snook is now back
safe and sound with just a few scratches on his chin.  He seems to be okay,
but I will keep watching for signs of internal injuries.  Needless to say,
that nasty air conditioner is gone now.  But as soon as Snook got back, he
did a war dance and ran straight for that window.  And that was Snook's big
adventure.

Kristine, Bofa, Nikita, Morty, Meko, Crash & Snook