From:
Limejello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:42:04 -0600
Howdy,

There I was, sitting on the floor, minding my own business, when here comes
Insanity, boinka-boinka-boinka, right up to my foot.  And then, ZAP!  and
he runs of giggling wickedly.  My ferrets just discovered yet another way
to torment their human.  Static Electricity!  The diabolical little fiends
found out that if they rub themselves along the carpet they can charge
themselves with what must be at least 50,000 volts.  The single zap wasn't
so bad, it only raised my hairs a little.  But then all four of them
decided to gang up on me at once.  About blew my little pinkie toe off!  So
they chased my around the room for a while, little miniature Van de Graffs.
Rub, rub, sneak, sneak, ZAP, run, run, giggle, giggle.  Then I got smart, I
donned a pair of rubber-soled boots.  Hah!  Take that, you fuzzy little
Zeus wannabe's.  (I remember when I used to put on boots to keep ferrets
from *biting* my toes).  So then they took to tormenting each other with
some sort of demented electrical tag.  One would charge up and sneak up
behind another, then ZAP!  POOF!  Every hair would stand on end as the
other ferret poofed out into a little ball of fuzz from the charge.  He
would shake it off and deliver it to another ferret until the charge ran
out and then they would start over.  At one point all of them were charged
up and poofed out at the same time.  It looked like four fuzzy croquet
balls bouncing around like spit on a griddle.  Eventually they calmed down
somewhat, but the random arcs continued on into the night..  I enjoyed very
little sleep as it looked as if a lilliputian lightning storm had rolled
into my apartment and the strobiscopic effect kept me ill most of the
night.  Actually, it's not all bad.  I've found that if I wait until
they're asleep, I can put them on top of the TV and get better reception.
I'm also thinking that if I can hook them together in series, I can arc
weld with them.  A Weezil Welder, if you will.

On another subject, the matter of the mysterious poop 14 inches above the
litter box is still unsolved.  I've decided to take it as a sign from the
Ferret Gods and pray to it every day.  (If you look at it real close and
squint, it does kinda look like Bob "Bhor" Church's head)

On yet another subject, you know what I think would be funny?  I think it
would be funny if ferrets had hooves.  Then you would need a ferret
farrier.  <g>

May you ferrets be forever grounded,
Limejello & The Weezils of Doom
http://home1.gte.net/wrenched

"Anyone can pee in the corner, but it takes a real ferret to poop on the
ceiling"