From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2012 11:14:38 -0400
Thank you Tasha and Sandy for your input, very good points and I
appreciate your input.

We've got Simba on oral Vit C to help break down the crystals. I
wondered about cranberry juice for him. I started Simba on Nopalea
(nopal cactus fruit) which is suppose to help with taking down
inflammation in the body. I take it myself so I thought I'd give it a
try with Simba. It doesn't taste bad, but Simba thinks it is the worst!
The Vit C is from our vet (ordered from a pharmacy) and he said guinea
pigs love the taste, but Simba hates it too. I tasted it and it is
mildly sweet, not tart at all.

Initially we tried just flushing his bladder, lots of gunk came out,
then we tried a temporary catheter, 3 times, and Simba managed to pull
two out overnight, the 3rd one we had to take out (it was stitched to
his skin to hold it in) because the catheter blocked. We talked about
the prostate cyst being drained as a last option, and about surgery. If
it wasn't for the fibrosarcoma surgery would have been my 1st choice,
but our vet said there is a possibility that the growth behind the
bladder could be fibrosarcoma and didn't recommend surgery.

Yesterday evening when I got home Simba was blocked again so I did the
hot warm pack, got a few drops, and rushed him back to the clinic to
get his bladder flushed. More gunk came out, but less than the last
trip. Last night and through this morning at home he was urinating
small puddles.

Early Friday morning I drove Simba back to Topeka to meet with Autumn
and Nate so they could drop him off after the clinic opened. Simba
is at the clinic today for another ultrasound, needle biopsy of the
growth, and if indicated to have the prostate cyst drained. I'm hoping
to hear good news later this afternoon. I hope we can get to the point
where he can urinate freely and the prostate responds to the
finasteride.

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org