From:
Cheryl Cato <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 2 May 1994 09:50:31 -0400
Many thanks to Dr. Williams and Dr. Brown on the info about kidneys.
You eased my mind immensely - and gave me some important information
to pass on to my vet.

Binky seems to be doing great after her nephrectomy.  She's never
chewed on the sutures after that first day - so I have to believe
that Dr. Williams was correct in that they probably hurt.  They
did look *HUGE* to me.  She has about 12 stitches that will be
removed today.  She is full of energy, eats well, and elimination
looks normal.  I intend to insist that Dr. Lara do the recommended
kidney function and blood tests every 6 months - just to be safe.

Thanks again!  (What a LUCKY group we are to have such generous
and knowledgeable contributors!!)

- Kelly & Punkin, Ferris & Duncan ... and BINKY!!
        ( and yours truly - the litter box slave....)