From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1993 21:16:20 -0500
Hi all...

Boy do I feel like some major bonding went on tonight  ::silly ridiculous
grin::  Tonight Punk, my first ferret, like JUMPED up onto my shoulder so
that he could go to sleep there!  Whenever I'm at the computer, he comes up
to the chair I'm in and stares at me until I pick him up, then he goes to
sleep!  He's sooooooo cute!  I was so afraid that once he had a companion
that he'd just forget about me.

By the way, he is a Marshall Farms ferret.  He also has the right amount of
teeth etcetera.  WHAT is it exactly that people have against MF?  Geez, and
he's just so sweet and good natured!

Rock, on the other hand, is a bit more aloof and skittish.  He's from
another farm in NY, but the store couldn't tell me the name of it.  He's by
far a lot better about using the litter box than Punk, but so far (I've only
had him a week) tempermant wise, Punk seems more friendly.

To the person inquiring about skunks, I had one about 15 years ago...she was
bought from Hoyt's animal farm in Granby, CT.  I don't know if they're still
in operation or not.  Flower (not too imaginative, huh?) was very sweet and
playful, but I think I let her get too fat, and then she got lazy.  As for
how they get along with ferrets, I couldn't help with that.

Re:  training ferrets to do tricks:  Barron's recommends that if you want to
teach your ferret to "sit up" that it be done exactly as the person who
wrote in has been doing it!  I haven't read of any other tricks, though I'd
be interested to hear more!

>From the Animal Farm,
Tracy, Punk & Rock