From:
"D.A.Steele" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 1996 10:23:26 -0700
Another note regarding Ferret Outfitters - I wish it could be a more postive
one but I purchased the Ferret PlayPen Cage for $129 from another catalog
postage included.  But Ferret Outfitters was charging $229 for the same cage
by Midwest Homes for Pets.  But in all fairness the petstore by me was
charging $269.  If you find something you want to buy sometimes it is a good
idea to call the manufacturer and ask who distributes their products by mail
and then call and get the different catalogs and compare prices- That's what
I did.  Different companies work on different profit margins - Many large
companies can buy in volumne and can offer lower prices.  It's not that the
other smaller companies are trying to cheat us they don't the price breaks
from the manufacturers and must make a profit.  Although Ferret Outfitters
are more expensive the company I bought from carried tons of other pet items
(cat, dogs, hamsters etc.) while Ferret Outfitters cater to US alone.  So I
am grateful such a company exists and I have and will continue to buy items
from them.  An expensive purchase - check out - but we should try to support
a company that supports our needs when it make economic sense.