From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 03:24:13 -0000
Just when I'd been reassured that Muggsie is only gorgeous and hibernating,
not gorgeous and sick, Jake did something that made the other shoe drop in
my mind about him.  I've been calling Jake "Georgie Porgie" because recently
he follows the girls and makes them squeek.  I've been telling Eric that
"Jake is a real neck man" because he is always sniffing the girls' necks as
he follows them.  Right about the time Muggsie got sleepy and started to
grow fat and fluffy, Jake lost weight and started to look smaller all over.
However, he is still the goofiest dancer and the bounciest player on blankie
rides, so I wasn't worrying much about him except to give him Nutristat.  I
figured his body had decided it was summer when Muggsie's decided it was
winter.

Tonight I found him mounting Muggsie (who is too fat and sleepy to care) and
then I got worried.  Jake did not lose this much weight last summer, and he
never looked smaller all over before.  It occurred to me that, since he is
not skinny, he may be losing muscle mass.  He has no hair loss, but I know
that doesn't have to start right away when adrenal disease starts.  Since
the he hasn't exhibited any sexual behavior up until the past few months and
we've had him almost two years, I am guessing that I don't have to worry
about whether someone botched his neutering.

Is there anything else I should be looking for besides adrenal disease?  Is
there any reason I shouldn't worry about his behavior, but just wait for his
appearance to improve in the spring?  I don't want put off treating an
adrenal problem because of the damage it does.