From:
Teri VanDever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 1996 15:34:24 -0800
To all FMLrs & esp. Dr. Williams:

I am new to the list, but first thing I did was download the FAQs and the
disease info on Lymphosarcoma.  Tessa (3yrs)was diagnosed with this 8weeks
ago.  My vet doesn't seem to think there is much we can do for her.  If
anyone has had this experience (I know I'm not the first), I would
appreciate your input on how to make things easer for Tessa.  I plan on
taking the downloaded info to my vet and see if he thinks the treatment
listed could work for her.  Currently, I am giving her 4 drops of Panmycin
Aquadrops, tetracycline 100mg per ml, 2xs per day and 0.5 cc of Predef 2X,
isoflupredonnne acetate, 1x per day.  I put the isoflupredone on some soft
cat food to get her to eat it.  My vet didn't think it would do any good to
do surgery.  He has based his diagnosis on her swollen lymph glands, neck &
groin, and on bloodwork.  Don't get me wrong, I think he is great and has
been the fuzzies vet for the past three years.  I'm just hoping that it
might be something else that isn't fatal.  Her abodmen is so swollen I'm
afraid she'll burst.  She has gone from 1 1/2#s to 2 1/2#'s.  She has such a
hard time getting out of the cage (it's a 6" drop) that I now pick her up
and let her down, she's very lethargic on some days and others almost back
to normal, she is still eating and drinking, and stools are watery.  I know
I'm probably reaching but she was only six weeks old when I brought her home
(3 yrs ago) to keep Buddy company and this is the first time any of the
babies have been sick.Thank you for any input.

Teri & Crew (Buddy,Tessa,Crystal,Bandit,& Rascal)