Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 22:53:53 -0400
Hi all!

I don't write very often, but I thought this subject was quite interesting
and would like to see what type of hardcore data can be found on this
subject.

as for our fuzzies...

Esmeralda (hearing fert) - 1...the sweetest, but clueless ferret
Speedy (hearing fert) - 3...the only boy in the business
Moustache (hearing fert) - 2...one of those spider ferrets, just doesnt
know how to climb down
Bijou (deaf ferret) - 5...seems like other senses increased for her lack
of hearing...smartest little rat we have

Waardenburg syndrome studies might prove that most deaf ferrets are
slower, but i guess Bijou might prove to be one of the exceptions...

Has any one else seen this in deaf ferrets?

dan