From:
Beth Randall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:55:55 -0700
We try not to request donations very often- but it is becoming dire-

Critter Camp Exotic Pet Sanctuary needs to pay down the vet bill asap
so we can get some more animals in for treatment- (including some
adrenal and insulinoma ferrets - we care for 23 right now!) We are only
asking people to give $5 and pass along the word- thats it! really! See
our site for a direct link to donate:
www.crittercamp.biz

We usually have been able to take in enough to make ends meet- but
this year has been really down- and the number of sick animals coming
in has been way up! So please spare the cost of about a gallon of gas,
a premium coffee, or a fast food combo meal- send us $5 and urge
everyone you know to do so too-

Thank you!

(Moderators feel free to not allow this message if it is against group
policy! Since we care for so many pets we belong to dozens of groups so
that we may stay on top of all info regarding each type of animal!)

Beth
www.crittercamp.biz
Critter Camp Exotic Pet Sanctuary
Caring for over 240 abused, abandoned and otherwise homeless exotic and
unusual pets of 30 different types- the only licensed pet sanctuary of
its kind in the country and possibly the world!

Our Belief:
At a certain point re-homing pets, particularly the unusual and exotic
ones, at all costs often serves only to make the people involved feel
better about themselves, irregardless of the stability and continuity
of care the elderly, abused or ill animal, actually needs. Euthanizing
such animals brings the rescuer down to the universally despised level
of "puppy-mills" in that if an animal is no longer useful to humans
it must be killed. This is incredibly heartbreaking. Again, people
bred every one of these pet animals for human enjoyment and/or profit,
therefore we as humans have an obligation to provide quality care for
these animals for their entire lives whether or not they are "pet
quality."