From:
Joyce Meadows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 1995 22:07:47 -0600
    Seth the Amazing Wonder Ferret has been unusually affectionate lately -
besides hanging around me a lot more, he has fallen asleep on or beside
me three times now...maybe it's the colder weather?

    This morning he crawled into a sweatshirt of mine and napped for ten
minutes. (I was wearing the shirt at the time...)

    Saturday we went walking around campus.  We went to the tailgating area
(there was a football game that evening) and were MOBBED!!!  "Is that a
rat?" "What kind of puppy is he?" "Is that a ferret?  My aunt has a
ferret." "What does it eat?" "Does it bite?" "How old is it?" "Does it
chase mice?" "Is that a raccoon?" "Where did you catch it?" Actually, it
was pretty amusing.  Seth the Fabulous even seemed to enjoy the attention
and sniffed and crawled all over everyone.

    Most of his fans were little kids.  I love kids, but many of 'em aren't
very gentle with little animals.  Most of the ones we met seemed intent on
flattening Seth - WHOP WHOP WHOP....but Seth the Uberferret tolerated it
all, sniffing their hands when he could.  NOT ONCE did he even TRY to nip or
bite ANY of them!  Oh I was so proud!  I just had to brag on my small
roommate's manners.  (btw, he's only 7 1/2 months old)

    A question - whenever I bring home those little packets of mustard and
ketchup, Seth the Conqueror digs them out and sprints back to his closet,
where he hides them.  He doesn't chew on them or try to eat them or
anything; he just steals & stashes.  Any thoughts?

    To whoever said their ferret smelled like fritos: Yes!  Seth does too!
I thought I was just being weird - thanks!  Sorry for the length....i've
been unable to send and e-messages at all for a while (disk quota problems).
Happy ferret nibbles to you all.

     joyce (19) 'No, he won't bite.' (crossing fingers)
     Seth the Incredible (7 1/2 mos.) 'oh...abusive kids....*yawn* i
better get GOOD raisins for this.'