Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:23:48 -0700
Hi all,

on Tuesday I posted about my foster ferret Tiny Tim not feeling too well.
On Wednsday night he came home from the hospital.  Diagnosis: probable
Gastroenteritis (sp?) (secondary to IBD/tumor/Heliobacter ulcer).  So no
obstruction, but not good news either.  He's had Inulinoma and IBD since
I got him last year and I'm terrified of an ulcer due to the pred.  I had
a little girl at the shelter recently poop black tar on me while I was
trying to feed her and she didn't make it through the night.  The day
before I was told she was dancing for her soup, but that night she had
had enough of this world.  I don't want that to happen to my Timmy.

Besides his Pred.  Timmy is now on Amoxi, Flagyl, Pepcid, and sucralfate.
He's also horribly dehydrated.  Something about his red blood cell count
being 85% when it's supposed to be around 40%.  I'm also syringing water
and making his baby food extra watery because he doesn't seem to be
drinking on his own.  I don't really need any advice at this moment, I've
even got him taking the Flagyl O.K., I just needed to vent to people who
would understand my anxiety.  I've only had ferrets for about three years
and this is my first experience with one so sick, under my care.

Thanks for listening (reading). :)

Also to the shelter in Atlanta having dinner on Thurs. Oct. 2, add two
more to the head count!  Is there going to be a way to get from the hotel
to the shelter or will we have to drive over?  It's just that we are
driving down from Chicago that day & it would be nice if I didn't have
to drive the rest of the weekend.

=====
Lisa
Fuzzies Frank, Pikachu, Godiva and Timmy and the Beige Kitty

"We are led, when we share our loves, to an enchanted life of inner
happiness, which unsharing others cannot know."
Antonius Ferret, Fables
Richard Bach, Ferret Cronicles