From:
Sam S Winston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 14:45:30 -0800
Hi, this is Sam Winston.
My only ferret, Scout, has been pooping everywhere but in her litter box.
I've had her for over a year and a half and she is still having a problem.
Today when I came home from school, she had pooped about four times in her
cage.  My step-dad had forgotten to let her out to play during the day.
Normally I come home to find it all over the floor.  When she wakes up, she
absolutley refuses to go in the litter box unless I keep putting her in
there until she goes.  I thought this would get the point across about where
to go.  It didn't.  Even when I catch her trying to go on the carpet and put
her in the litter box, she won't go.  The litter box isn't ever dirty for
very long (mainly cause she won't go in it) and it's unscented.  I can't
figure out whats the problem, I put vinegar on the places, but it doesn't
deter her (bitter apple I gave up on long ago).  If anyone has a good
solution, please e-mail me!