From:
"Henry Lee Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 10:42:51 -0400
Well, I was somewhat offended by the post made that accused Marshall of
butchering ferrets, and causing their domestication.  I was even more
insulted with the implication that because I bought two marshall ferrets, I
am in some way a bad person, or the word that was used was "traitor".

Before I bought my ferrets, the general feedback I got was that Marshall
Ferrets were among the healthiest around: bred on a ferret farm, fed
specially designed ferret foods, and treated well by a couple that had
raised ferrets all their lives.

Bilbo and Frodo are great, I get kisses from them all the time, long drawn
out kisses when I hold them, or give them food, or restock their water, etc.

You need to understand that Ferrets are an extremely quiet science.  Not
many people know anything about ferrets, myself formerly included.  I had a
friend who had a ferret for several years, and that was what prompted me to
get one.  I loved his little albino female, a great disposition, and a great
personality.  I saw how she slept in a cage, in her little hammock, rushed
across the floor at the sound of the treat box, and played underneath the
dressers and pool table.  I was envious, and I decided to get two of my own
ferrets.  I had to get two males, since as a child was was fascinated by
Kodo and Podo from the Beastmaster movie (one of my favorites as a young
boy).

I got my two males, and as a sort of cross reference between Lord of the
Rings, and the Beastmaster, named them Frodo and Bilbo.

Does Marshall Farms slaugter ferrets?  I haven't heard of this before.  Do
they ruin the species?  I personally dont think so, as I have to young,
wild, crazy little ferrets.  Am I a bad person, or a traitor?  I hope not.
I learn more about ferrets everyday, and I am taking the time each day to
read this list, and get as much as I can out of it.

Henry Lee
Frodo and Bilbo