From:
Gordon Bengtson CI/ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 07:55:26 -0500
In the ancient past of my life and all but another lifetime I was one of
those troops overseas in harms way during all of the year's holidays and
know first hand what is going on in the minds of those today in harms way
fighting the war in Iraq.

It make no difference if you support the war or not ( and I fully support
it ) but there are fellow United States Citizens in and out of uniform
performing at risk of life and limb to accomplish the goal of freedom of
others.  For the most of them to wake up in the morning or others being
awake all night on Thanksgiving or Christmas or New Years or any other
holiday, it is nothing but another day in hell.

We can make a difference by sending a card, a letter, any good well
meaning human touch to any other service person over there to let them
know they are not forgotten and even though they are 10,000 miles away
they are not alone for we are with them in our minds and hearts.  They
are our neighbors, friends, relatives, people we pass on the street or
Wal-Mart every day but not this day where they are confined to the acts
of war and you and I are not.

I ask all of you and everyone you know to please remember our people in
harms way.  If not for my age I would also be there with them and I AM
there in mind and spirit.

Let them know we are here for them, we support them, and we wish them
every success to finish the terrible job they have to do for the benefit
of all men world wide.

The recent assination of the Irish nurse is but one small example of
the terror and disgusting mode of life these United States troops and
citizens are destroying for the benefit of all mankind.  Let them know
what they do is savored like a fantastic gravy on your mashed potatoes
by telling them the deep appreciation you have for them.

I will.