From:
Dook-Woof-Dook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 08:34:11 -0400
Yesterday:

From:    Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Choices
"In his reply to me, Scott Sanfilippo said that TFS was not a profitable
business.  It seemed odd to me that someone would keep a business
going for 10 years that was not profitable.  So, I checked the company
website - not TFS site, but the NEEPS site.
http://www.neeps-inc.com/about.htm

According to the website, NEEPS is a hugely successful company, doing
over 5 million dollars worth of business in 2003, and expanding rapidly .
Moreover, they claim the story of their success is taught in business
seminars and classrooms.

Now, a business has overhead, and so I am sure that Joe and Steve are not
able to drive Bentleys and Rolls Royces, at least not yet.  However, they
are obviously either grossly exaggerating their success on the company
site, or else they are turning a profit.  And, when you have revenues of
over 5 million a year, a few $500.00 and $1,000.00 sponsorships are just
a drop in the bucket, especially when they are also a tax write off."

Ahhhh......BUT You FAILED to mention that the Ferret Store has two
divisions, One of which is the Ferret Store, the other is an internet
design firm called Solid Cactus.  The profits they talk about on the Web
page includes both divisions.  While the Solid Cactus Internet design
firm has really taken off (because the internet has grown-therefore all
internet based companies have grown-Check out the Stock Market) the
Ferret Store is just a business just basically plugs along.  (Pet Trade
has not gone up that much in the stock market).  Don't leave out 1/2
details just to push your side.  And they give away more then just a few
$500-$1000 donations.  This sounds more like sour grapes to me then
anything.  You can't go slamming a company then expect them to give you
money...........HELLO.

Ferret Store has made just as much headway in this issue over snacks.
They have two areas now, the recommended snack area and the other snacks.
Just about the same amount of head way as the Ferret Depot.  And the
Ferret Depot has known about this issue alot longer then the Ferret
Store.  They attended the Symposium.  So there should be no more debate
at this time.  If a company wants to do the most honorable thing, like
everyone is claiming the FD is doing, then remove all the snacks right
now.  That shows caring and directing an issue like everyone is saying
Ferret Store is not doing.

Give the Consumers some credit people.  You are assuming all consumers
are not able to make choices for their ferrets, there for we must remove
all those products and slap them on the hands or send them to the corner.
If given the education, people are able to make the choices for their
ferrets and/or pets.  If they choose not to take the advise, what are we
going to do.  Stand in their homes and make sure they don't feed ice
cream, raisins or Ring Dings to their pets also.  There are people out
there that know an animal has to be fed in order to survive, but still
abuse and neglect still exist.  Do something about that, instead of
harping on the snack issue.

Get out the education and the people will read.

Marguerite

Ebay Sales to Benefit TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Medical Fund
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZalohaferrets
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.petfinder.org
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Store
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com/onlinestore.htm