From:
Kelly Foran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 18:42:17 EST
Hello Everyone,
I am so thankful and relieved to know that their are others out there
like my husband and I who absolutely adore ferrets.  With the recent
loss of our beloved Sid a week ago today all of the support we have
received from complete strangers touches us deeply.  The sympathy cards
we received via E-mail were amazing and they just meant so very much to
us.  Losing something you love so much is never easy, but both of us were
surprised by the magnitude of our grief.  I always feared that one day we
would loose one of our fuzzbutts, but I really didn't know what it would
be like because up until now we had never lost one.  It was quick,
unexpected and very tragic.

I think what made it even more difficult was that a lot of people view
loosing a pet as insignificant, especially a ferret.  For some reason
they think dogs and cats are of a higher status?  We love all animals!
Size does not matter!

This has been a learning experience for both of us, a very painful one,
but unfortunately death is something unavoidable.  Sid was not here long
enough.  I know we give our ferrets the best that we can.  We spoil them
and love them and we live our lives around them.  I appreciate all the
gifts that they give us and I treasure all of the wonderful moments that
we have shared.  I believe that the bond we have with our ferrets is
indescribable to someone that does not own a ferret.  Most of our friends
and family have learned to respect our obsession with Phoebe, Molly, Sid
and Ellie, but I acknowledge the fact that they think we are weird, that
we are wasting our time, spending too much money etc.  We don't care!
Sometimes there comments are hurtful, but we have learned to let it go.
We have no children yet and in many ways they our like our children.
Sometimes I think that they may be more work than children!  Well, anyway
I want to thank all of you for your support!

We have three ferrets now, all have had a least one surgery, two have
some type of cancer and one has some strange intestinal thing?  I know
someday we will loose another beloved furbaby and I still dread it, but
I know we will get through it.  We are grateful for each moment they are
healthy and with us!

Kelly and Sean