From:
GEORGE MORROW II <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:05:15 -0500
Hi Folks
I wrote in here a couple of weeks ago about how to keep a leash on a
fuzzbutt and got several replies.  Thanks to all of you.

The day I wrote that, my fuzzie friend Slim somehow spirited herself out
the door and ventured into the the great MI outdoors.  I had her on the
second floor while I mopped the floor (for some reason Slim likes soap
and didn't want her discoverening the wonders of bleach and Pinesol etc..

I then had to run a few errands.  Several hrs.  passed before I started
missing her she's free roam and is aways finding a new sleep spot- but she
usually sleeps in the stocking caps when upstsairs.  But alas no warm bumps
in the caps.  Anyhow after searching the house from basement to attic-a
fun job-I could see Slim had "escaped".  Now it's about 11:00 P.M. and A
cold MI night..

I immediatly printed out a pound or two of "wanted posters" grabbed her
squeaker (witch is rappidly lossing it's magic).

I turned on the back lights stepped outsided and immediatly relaized I
forgot the flashlight.  I cursed the situation and still having the sqeaker
in my mouth it came out a sorry little squeak I went in got the light and
as I started out the back door there stood my Slim, like the Avon lady,
head cocked to one side waiting for me to open the door so she could come
in maybe spill a couple cups and continue the nice warm nap in the stocking
cap.

Well after all that I just wanted to know if any of you good folks have
ever had a fert return to your house after being gone outside a good 10
hours?  I considered that it great compliment she came back.

I also wanted to know how our mostly Euporean friends keep their ferts from
running off while hunting.  I take it you don't use leashes durings the
hunt-do you have them trained to come back like dogs or something.  If you
do I would be very thankful to learn how you do it.

Thanks
GJM99