From:
Marc Lavergne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 17:42:14 -0500
I fostered six kits ferrets for ten days.  Until then I could not say that
was familiar with kits since the youngest ones I adopted from my local
shelter where already five months old.  I could not believe it when they
were active for about six hours with only 20 or 30 min.  of sleep (they
would have slept longer if I would not have put them in a room that they had
not explored yet).

Everything went fine until the smallest female (nicknamed Houdinette)
managed to go under our ferret proof dishwasher.  Fortunately she sneezed so
I found out where she was and we unscrew the wood panel to get her out.
Needless to say we did a better proofing job after.  I was great fun
watching them explore, run full speed in our numerous tubes, fight, dunk in
the water bowl to fish out plastic bottle caps, play with them and petting
the four kits that still had their baby fur at that time.

I wished I would have been able to keep them.  However, in order to improve
their chance to get adopted, I transferred them to a ferret shelter located
in the Montreal area in Quebec, Canada: Furet mon ami.  The shelter
president, Jeannine Degand, makes sure are her ferrets do not nip and are
litter trained.  She does not descent them and neuter them when they are
older and says that because of this they live longer and are healthier than
ferrets that are descented and neutered as young kits.

3 sable females born May 25
1 sable male born May 25 (I might have already been adopted)
1 sable female born May 5
1 sable female with white paws born May 5

If interested, please contact:
Furet mon ami
3568, Chemin Ste-Therese
Carignan QC J3L 4A7