From:
Julie Guardino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 15:17:54 -0500
I haven't posted in a while, thought I'd drop a line and say that my three
are doing fine.  Poncho, my Bob Church rescue ferret has been with me for
over two years and is doing just great.  He is a real joy.  Razz is, well,
Razz is Razz.  Always in trouble, always picking on Boo and generally
getting into trouble.  He too is a real joy.  Boo is maturing into a real
ferret of beauty.  She is just gorgeous.  It's hard to believe she is the
same scrawny little girl I brought home 1 and 1/2 years ago.  My husband
thinks I got another ferret, he can't believe how she has changed.  (He
doesn't frequent the ferret room too often for fear of his toes).

Anyway...the funny story is about Boo and my rather large kitten, The Bug.
The Bug has a flatulence problem.  I've never had a cat that could smell SO
BAD!!  Anyway, it's usually really quiet, you know the silent but deadly
ones, but last Friday night...

Boo and the boys were running around playing and The Bug really wanted to
come in and join the fun.  So I let him in with me closely supervising.  He
is a rather large kitten and he is convinced that the ferrets are wind up
toys.  He can be rough.  So I stay right there to intervene if necessary.
Anyway...Boo is obsessed with sniffing butts.  Ferret butts, dog butts, any
animal butts.  So she was determined to sniff The Bug's butt.  So there she
goes, chasing The Bug all over the ferret room, and she finally catches up
with The Bug.  She promptly sticks that little nose right up to The Bug's
butt.  She must have stuck it in a little, cuz all of a sudden there was a
very audible human sounding fart!  It caught me by surprise, but not Boo.
She just loved sniffing the air around The Bug!

I fell over laughing, but my husband was horrified as we were entertaining
guests and were showing off the ferrets!  He always says that ferret people
are some of the strangest people he has ever met.  Too much talk about
poopie!  So there is my offering for today.  I couldn't think of any other
people who would appreciate this story more.  BTW...our guests thought it
was hilarous!

Julie and
Razz
Poncho, and