From:
Myriam Pollet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 1997 04:48:34 -0400
Hello,

I'm french , so be indulgent with my english.  My preoccupation is the
vaccination. In France we don't have the problems you have.  No interdiction
to have a ferret , they are considered as domestic animal.  But we MUST
vaccine them against the rabies and i've heard there is a doubt about the
efficacity of the vaccination.  If the vaccin isn't valuable the problem
begin.  And we MUST identify him , but it's a problem.For cats and dogs ,
farmes animal the autorities got a register , but for the ferrets ?

The worst in France it's not the law ,it's the lack of knowledge ( most
ferrets are hunter's animals ,they never go out and they feed them like they
want , because they say "I know" ) , the lacks of vets (mine phone to the
labs for medications , but at least he does an affort to learn) , the lack
of material : I like my ferret , but I don't consider them as children , a
lot of american are excessive when they love an animal.I'm sensitive to
animals suffering ( we have adopted 4 cats and one ferret , recued from a
bad pet store ) , but I find some persons spoil them and a ferret like to be
quiet. I don't want to buy all the gadget , they don't care , but the basics
as vitamines , Nutrical , and i can't find them.

Myriam Pollet
France